Spring has returned.
The Earth is like a child that knows poems.
~Rainer Maria Rilke
I shall admit I didn’t take this photo. I am not out and about this early in the morning, especially on a cold March morning at 7am in the vineyard.
However the farmer has been out over an hour already, thus he took this photo.
The vines have just been pruned back, grass is mown and the prunings have been chopped and tilled into the soil.
Thank God I have the seeing eye, that is to say, as I lie in bed I can walk step by step on the fells and rough land seeing every stone and flower and patch of bog and cotton pass where my old legs will never take me again.
- Photo Essay: Spring Cleaning in the Vineyard (tablascreek.typepad.com)
- Rodney Strong Vineyards (farehamwinecellar.co.uk)
- Sleeping Vines Etch the Sky
- Fall Tapestry of the Vineyards
- Harvest of Petaluma Gap Vineyards