farm dogs-Bella & Sophie

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Walking quickly on a cow path before the rain begins,  suddenly there is sunlight that so surprises me

I stop thinking for an instant

and simply be…

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth. ~Rumi

Text, Artwork and Photography by L’Adelaide. All rights reserved.

14 thoughts on “Sunbeams and Storms

1. gfid says:

Gloroiski! Images like this are why I’m terrified of trying to draw or paint landscapes….. How could I even come close?! The bands of darker color give the suggestion of looking through half-closed eyes… In ecstasy…. Just glorious!

2. rlte says:

A very beautiful photo and a beautiful thought. RLTE
    PS wonder if you picked up the award I gave you.

3. Steve E says:

…and through parting of heavens,
    the light appeared,
    and God showed Himself
    to me.
    I BE!

(Linda I thought that was your exquisite painting–FROM a photo. Some say, one cannot paint “God”. But I believe that in every sincere work–of art, music, or digging a ditch–God is present, and can be discerned.

4. Ron says:

WOW!!!!!!!! What a stunningly beautiful capture, Linda!

And I loved Steve E’s comment above because I truly believe the same. Anytime I see beams of light cascading down through the clouds from the heavens, I think, “That’s God showing himself!”

Thanks for sharing the beauty, dear friend!

(((((( You )))))))

xoxoxoxo

Our ancestors worshiped Sun and for good reason. Thank you for this magnificent image (and always remembering to carry a camera). You are a most dear heart.
    xoxoxo

6. Beautiful! I love it when that happens.

I adore what Steve said.

Amazing…. I can stare at this one for a bit and just dream………..

8. dear friends,
    tonight i finally get by to leave you a thank you for your paying attention to this little post. it was just another one of those surprises that happen if you click enough times! i appreciate your words to me about this and want you to know i have read them but am not feeling well the past couple of days. i’m down with some lovely bug and that always leads to more pain, more everything else so… when i can, i’ll be back. xoxoxoxoxxox and i hope you all enjoyed a lucky and/or happy 12/12/12… mine was rather unlucky but anyway…

9. Steve says:

What a gorgeous shot – and a lovely blog (my first visit – thanks to Susan for connecting the missing dots for me). I know just what you mean about being struck still and real by a moment of light and weather. I often daydream that heaven will be like walking forever into brighter and brighter light and greater and greater beauty.

10. burgessart says:

Great photo!!!! and wishing you a very Happy New Year Linda and many thanks for liking my Rothko (and other) post. Robert

1. robert, a very happy new year to you too and thank you for appreciating my visits as i appreciate yours. blessings, linda