male bluebirds

I am a watcher of birds.
They are watchers of me.
I suspect they have formed some opinions.

Take those broken wings and learn to Fly!

california quail

California quail stalk

blue birds

blue birds talk

turkey-balks

turkey balks

golden-eagle-walks

golden eagle walk squawking

bird-walks-blue-jays

2 blue jays talk… and walk

white crane walks

white crane stalks

quail-on-a-pot

quail gawks

bird-black bird on a wire

bird on a wire walk

~~Black Bird Fly~~

quail hearts

13 thoughts on “Broken Wings Learn To Fly

1. Anonymous says:

Such a wonderful collection of your bird sightings. I felt that I was walking with you.

Thanks so much! These were photos taken over a period of the past few years. Much fun! 🙂

XO

A wonderful post to begin my weekend!

Thank you so much, Rebecca. Have a lovely one!

Ohmygosh…..I want a quail! They’re so fluffy and cute!!!! We have bald eagles, but not ones of the golden type. Leastwise not that I’ve spotted. But we could–this past week we had an osprey at the river. I kid you not. It was amazing to see him there and watch him fishing from the back of the Jeep.
    Wow…….imagine all that in your back yard. 🙂 How graced are you to have that.
    And I really, really want a quail. LOL I know we have some in the grasslands, but I’ve YET to see ’em or photograph ’em. Pheasants, yes…..quail–notsomuch.

And thank you for the tune that will be chasing me around all day! 🙂 It’s been forever since I heard it and go figure–I still knew the words.
    Yikes! 😉

quail are cute and dumb. i don’t know why they’re the state bird when there are so many others that are more “stately” . I guess it’s better than the turkeys that are taking over the hills. 🙂 I’d take a bald eagle any day tho i do like having them around during the summer months. when they nest and have their huge clutches, the babies are very cute. they run really fast and it doesn’t look like they have feet because they’re so short and move so fast. their favorite nesting sites are the thistles so they are right at home around here!! we have pheasants but they are rare now. they’ve been killed off over the years of hunting them. they’re not much smarter than quail.

of course you still know the words. 🙂
      xoxoxox

4. Glorious birds! All sorts! Great captures, and they’re still free to fly away:)

Thanks Elena! I’m glad you liked all the birds. I love to take photos, millions of them and once in awhile, i “capture” one I like. 🙂

5. Anonymous says:

I love these birds. Isn’t wonderful to see all this nature on your walks? It is healing is it not?

Nature is the greatest healer, not medicine, not doctors, not anything artificial. We are very fortunate to have always been out in the country without the trappings of city life. We can go if we want but can always come home again.

6. Wonderful to see the birds of your area! The blackbird photo is striking! (And that is my favorite Beatles song ever! :-))

Hi Camilla,
      I’m so glad you enjoyed the birds. And it’s my favorite too. 🙂