Detail of painted door moldings and deerhead
painted deer head

deer head rainbows

Artwork by L’Adelaide. All rights reserved.

I mixed up several of my favorite acrylic paint colors along with some GAC medium to make the paint loose and pourable. After sitting in plastic cups for 24 hours, the air bubbles had risen to the surface and popped.

painted deer head

deer head rainbows

The fun began when I started pouring onto the little gold deer head. I had previously painted her with gold gesso so she was fancy already! She shimmers because it peeks thru here and there.

painted deer head

deer head rainbows

I haven’t painted her antlers yet but I may paint them sky blue.
I haven’t decided yet.
And then there’s those eyes….

Have you ever seen an inch worm crawl up a leaf or twig, and then clinging to the very end, revolve in the air, feeling for something to reach…?
That’s like me.
I am trying to find something out there beyond the place on which I have a footing.

Albert Pinkham Ryder

deer skull

Deer Mind~found deer skull

27 thoughts on “Rainbows Paint Deer Head

1. rlte says:

Beautiful and interesting. Good to see you painting. Rlte

1. ĽẠdelaide says:

Thanks so much Silvia…yes, it’s cooler here so have been up to no good! 🙂

So creative! Love it ~

Thanks Mary… having fun with her. 🙂

Thanks so much Elena!

3. So colorful and fun. Love it!

Hi Janell and thanks for the kind comment on Ms. Deer!

4. doronart says:

love the colours and it is very lively and artistic well done

Hi Doron,
      Thank you kindly for your sweet comment(s). She’s fun to do… dripping paint is also very fun. 🙂

5. Very colorful. I like it.

Hi Tony,
      Thanks for your kind comment on Ms. deer head. 🙂
      Glad you like her.

6. I LOVE this!! The last photo gives an impression of what it will look like hanging on a wall–can’t wait to see the finished product! Beautiful and original!

7. …and I expect to see those ears swish away flies at any moment! 🙂

Hi Camilla,
      I’m late today with my comments. Thank you for your always kind support. I think she’s going to look cool (hopefully) I’m contemplating those eyes, trying to figure out if I dare drill the hole out and put in something “interesting”. 🙂

thanks lots Camilla…. it’s fun if nothing else. 🙂

8. violetski says:

Absolutely beautiful ! ❤️

Thank you so much, Violet! ♥

9. Definittely beautiful !

Thank you so much, Ann, for your kind support. xo

WOW…nobody’s gonna miss Miss Deer!! Oh, but how much fun it musta been, dribbling colour…..and seeing ths shimmer show musta been a cool moment. I’m not real sure about the drilling out of her eyes, the thought of that made me cringe. LOL, but I’m sure with your creative soul, the end results will pay off and the eyes won’t follow mw around the room. :-/
    That gorgeous shade of light blue for the antlers….ohhhh…that I wanna see, too!

Mel, It IS fun pouring paint! I could use up ALL my paint doing it but… that would be a tad excessive methinks. 🙂

i am not sure i’ll be doing that but am really tempted because i have lots of crystal beads laying around up here. they might look cool but problem is have to drill it out before i’ll know and what if… horrors if…

so it may be painted a bit more realistically if i can manage it. at least i can always go over it again if i blow it. yes on the light sky blue…. i have liked that from day one. xoxo

You could always put the beads on some clay/playdough and stick ’em over the eyes to see if you like ’em there first! LOL See, there’s my attempt at trying to be clever and spare the poor dear deer having to have her eyes poked out.
        Just sayin’! 😀

Happy Friday!!!!!! Woooooohooooooo…. Counting down to Halloween with only 12 days to go! Oh…..and I only have 120 bags made?! Guess what I’ll be putting together today! 😀

Oy… My LEAST favorite holiday ! And not at all on the clay idea, it’s a very good idea! One I’m going to try too so see? You are good! 🙂

Yeah, I know you don’t THINK you’re artsy fartsy but nay nay, I know better!

Xo

She’s delightfully pretty in rainbow hues.

hello sweet susan,
      i’ve been wondering what became of you but thought perhaps that thanksgiving up there had you busy… anyway i’m happy to see you tonight. i’m so glad you like her! 🙂

xoxox