Eglantyne English rose
moon-rising

full moon rising

The seed of suffering in you may be strong, but don’t wait until you have no more suffering before allowing yourself to be happy. ~Thich Nhat Hanh

quail hearts

I haven’t been online lately for reasons outside of my control.
Primarily life has a way of getting in the way.

My husband had minor (questionable) surgery that had to be done before the end of the year when we lose OUR HEALTH INSURANCE…ahem.

My camera broke because I dropped it on my unforgiving tile floor thus missed capturing my insanely huge turkey herd that had herded itself into the corral! Two dozen male turkeys is quite a sight!

The flu has gone ’round and ’round and still, I am dealing with a painful, raw, rasping throat with my third flu virus.
Fingers crossed there isn’t a bout of pneumonia wandering down the lane.

The incessant commercialism of Christmas et al is something I ignore.
I send wishes on the wind for a peaceful new year and that it may be so for all beings~

buddha + mala + crystal balls

My buddha, crystal ball and mala

The difference between theism and non-theism is not whether one does or does not believe in God. . . Theism is a deep-seated conviction that there’s some hand to hold: if we just do the right things, someone will appreciate us and take care of us. . . Non-theism is relaxing with the ambiguity and uncertainty of the present moment without reaching for anything to protect ourselves. ~Pema Chödrön

Artwork, Text & Photography ©2007-2016. All rights reserved.

18 thoughts on “Merriment and Weariness

1. Leya says:

I hope you will all get better and be able to have a Happy Christmas and a good start of the New Year!

I hope so too! And the same to you and yours, including the pooches!

2. I’ve never seen that last quote before, which surprises me! I quite like it. Don’t let the flu get you down, and I sure hope nasty pneumonia isn’t going to visit for the holidays.

Thanks, darlin’! The quote says it well, methinks… I suppose it is extreme to those who believe in a traditional concept of a patriarchal god. I’m not sure but it spoke to me! 😉 Pema is one of my favorites because she always goes for the center cut of what she’s talking about.

3. So sorry that you are having a run on illness. I wish you recovery sooner rather than later. Love the Pema quote.

Thanks, Gretchen. Me too… Hacking tonight AFTER cough medicine and it’s driving me nuts! Ah well… Tis the season especially when little ones come visiting. 😉

All the very, very best of the holiday season to you and yours. Looking forward to a new year of our ongoing dialogue! Take good care…

Thanks Rebecca and the same to you!

5. Love Pema’s take on non-theism. She is such a wonder and I often fall in love with her words, her awareness. May you be well, may good health be your destiny as we soon step into a new calendar year.

The same to you, Joss. Thank you and blessings to come in 2014.

You’ve been decorating your ‘home’ here! I like the deers and the little posted note. And I adore the thought of all those turkey’s corralled and strutting about. Holy cow–sounds like you had a very cool moment with those toms!
    Happens around these parts this time of year–silly things get a bit cocky and wander bravely (or ignorantly). But corralled? Hahaha….silly things. Darned that the camera didn’t stand up to the tiled floor. *sigh*

Time to sip lots of herbal tea and bundle up in a warm quilt–bit or self nurturing would be a good thing. And crossed fingers on the healing of himself–surgery at any time of the year isn’t fun. Toss in the need to do it because of loss of insurance. Like ya’ll needed onemorething heaped into the mix? Pfffttttt to that!
    Warm quilt, fuzzy slippers and some hot tea….and a good book to fall asleep to. 😉

*hugs* Be taking care of you–always.

Holy TURKEY! It is just hysterical to see these dumb things that I’ve always heard were intelligent birds. The males certainly are not. Seems that’s the case for many of the males in the animal/bird kingdom–and that’s enough of that! 😉

I’ve since bought another camera and not to say I didn’t need it. Mine was several years behind the times and so, once i figure it out, something i HATE doing, i will enjoy a new model.

Mel, i hope you are having a lovely holiday season with a perfectly healed 2014 to come. xox

Ohohoh…….NEW camera alert! I look at the ‘full moon rising’ photo and thing ‘whoa….think what a brandspankingnew one will capture with you in charge! 😉
        I shudder (pun intended) at the thought of having to replace mine, but it’s on the agenda. I’ve just not surrendered yet…broken flash, scratch on the lens…but I *LIKE* this one. (toss in a whiney voice and you’ve got it….LOL)
        Enjoy the season and the spirit of giving while it’s upon us.
        And sing Frosty! 🙂

1. L'Adelaide says:

ohohoh, yep but doubt the photos will be better……. but i’m STILL down with the stinking flu… geez, this is ridiculous. isn’t that a cool happen to capture moon rise? i thought so and patted myself on the back. took it last full moon but think thats ok too. 😉

oh geez, i don’t like xmas songs, of course you would realize that, right? so no, won’t be singing to frosty…. just rudolf. 🙂

xox and hot toddies to you.

7. Linda, your moon picture is breathtaking! I am so with you about the annoying commercialism of Christmas. It is peace, love, & joy that I cherish – not more stuff. 🙂

Blessings ~ Wendy

Thanks so much, Wendy. I always love the day AFTER Christmas now. Seems commercialism gets worse over the years too! Blessings upon your coming year! X