david austin roses

rose bouquet

In April, we cannot see sunflowers in France, so we might say the sunflowers do not exist. But the local farmers have already planted thousands of seeds, and when they look at the bare hills, they may be able to see the sunflowers already.

The sunflowers are there. They lack only the conditions of sun, heat, rain and July.

Just because we cannot see them does not mean that they do not exist.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Dearest lovelies…

late sunflowers

I apologize I’ve not written much lately of my own words. I am suffering from a bout of severe arthritis in both my hands. I have painted my mudroom, wallpapering, etc. {finally…} and tho dear farmer was doing much of the work, I was working more than usual. Especially with my hands wrapped around a small paint brush.

Now I’m paying for that tho everyday I enjoy that little room. I shall share it as soon as I can. Until then please enjoy these small offerings and forgive me that I am not getting around to your blogs as I would like.

xoxox

I honor health as the first muse.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 thoughts on “Roses and Sunflowers

1. Gorgeous photos! Feel better soon.

Dear Elena,
      You are a dear… Thank you, I hope I do!

Wonderful photographs – rest up your hands so we can see one of your lovely paintings again!

Dear Mary,
      Thank you. I’m glad you liked them. I am but bored silly. I hope things calm down soon with these hands of mine. Maybe it’s a sign to stop weeding…. :-/

3. Wonderful pictures. I love sunflowers, they always make me smile. Take good care of yourself and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks so much, Janell. I apologize i am still far behind. I hope to feel better soon… i had better feel better soon! 🙂

4. Such beautiful photos! Take care of your hands, only two and extremely useful!!!! 😉 [I’m quite familiar with this, it’s only been 3 months since we moved in to our new house…] 🙂

Dear Marina, Thanks for your kind comment. xox

Knowing you’re okay and pictures of your beautiful flowers are enough for now. I can almost smell the roses – no – yes! I really can 🙂
    That’s a most sweet statement by Thich Nhat Hanh .

Dearest Susan, 🙂
      I’m so glad… i’ve even now begun to collect the newest crop of petals. yes, crazy. i know… and isn’t this good from Hanh? xox

You are so right – the sunflowers are there. We see them with an inner light. Thank you for this post.

Dear Rebecca, thanks so much for your always lovely comments and thoughts. xox

Your posts are always filled with beauty!!!

Thanks lots, my dear! I try to carry my little canon everywhere I go and I only go around here, the ranch, due to my health. Keeps me “down on the farm” so to speak! 😉

Do I keep missing your posts in my reader or are you not blogging much right now? I try to keep up most especially with my beloveds here first! I’ve been meaning to ask you ….

Hoping your weekend is filled with flowers! Happy Spring! 💚

Ya know, no apology is required. Blog without obligation, I say. But I say that knowing I’m working through that darn struggle of finding my rhythm since the change in my work. I just seemingly can’t get in a routine. Not yet anyway, but I figure those that know me, love me just the same. If I had sunflowers/roses and cool quotes, I’d go with that! But alas, only in my imigination…I know buth are there though. Hahn tells me so.

Good morning Mel,
      I first must thank you for your long note. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and when i can, will return to you same… still laid up here with this ailment of mine. argh… :-/

Hoping all is happy with you. Are there flowers and spring yet? xox