Boscobel~Austin rose

20140624-174438-63878378.jpg

Artwork by L’Adelaide. All rights reserved.

Apologies.

This little watercolor didn’t get posted quite in time for Wednesday but Thursday will do.

I’ve been feeling  pain that clings to me.
There is something soulless about pain. So dampening to the heart.

I find that when I’m in dark places, I have little to say here.
Rather than drone on about my body’s blights,  I say nothing at all.
I feel that is the best for now.

Please enjoy my little diversion of this past week.
She is done and I like her. She feels ethereal, above the our human frailties.

Much love to you ~

Pain has an element of blank;
It cannot recollect
When it began or if there were
A time when it was not.
~Emily Dickinson

Art, Photography and Text by L’Adelaide, ©2007-2016. All rights reserved.

19 thoughts on “Watercolor Wednesday is Thursday, My Time

1. Exquisite watercolour! Treat yourself well and never feel you have to post if you have nothing you want to say. In our household, Thursday is now the new Wednesday!

Dear Sarah,
      Thank you much. You are very kind. I am treating myself well but do grow tired of all this body stuff. However today was spent avoiding stress and wandering around the garden, planning for the gardener/farmer/husband and another strong back to help in the morning with some long-awaited chores…. mulching! WOOT! 😉

Thank you so much, Tony!❤

2. Lovely painting. I’ve been a bit tardy with my posts lately, too. Hope you are feeling better soon. Sending warm and healing thoughts your way.

Thank you, Janell. I send the same back to you. xox

3. Wednesday, Thursday, who cares;) Love the painting. Feel better.

Tis true, who does care? 😉

Thank you, Elena. And I will! xox

4. That’s such a lovely watercolor!!! I hope the pain leaves you – for good! All the best!

Dear Marina,
      Thank you for your kind comment. I hope one day it will leave me. In the meantime, distraction, nutrition and avoiding stress is key. Oh, and my roses…. and my dogs…. 😉
      xox

Oh, she’s wonderful, hugging that small child to her. Exquisite….perfect. And I like that I can create my own details.
    Sending warm, peaceful thoughts in your direction.
    Pain sucks.

Dear Mel,
      I’m so thrilled you like her. I love that you see a child in her arms! I had a hard time restraining myself but am learning a light touch is sometimes perfect. I send them right back to you, those warm peaceful thoughts. Be well, kick pain in the butt! Yes… it certainly does…. Take care of you. (((Mel)))

Gorgeous watercolor!

Thank you for your comments, dear Mary. They are so appreciated! xox

Perhaps it’s the soft colors and the well defined flowers that make me think of a Japanese lady when I look at this. It’s all very dreamlike and almost too tender to touch.

I hope you’re feeling a little better since you posted this one. We need you to be well.
    xoxoxo

Dear Susan,
      It seemed very Zen so I left well enough alone. I am glad i did as usually i keep on messing with things. A light touch is not my style-i love to play too much. However as these fleeting pieces emerge, I am finding it easier to allow it to happen as it will….

The feeling well part isn’t with me just now, my body is having a struggle of late but it’s not new, as you well know.

I hope you are feeling good in your part of the world, with warmth and some flowers to charm your walks. xoxox

8. Hariod Brawn says:

Wishing you well from afar.

My gratitude to you, dear Hariod. I shall be by to visit you soon. I think we have much in common. And I too, wish you very well. ❤