A moving and inspirational offering… please enjoy.

THE BeZINE

Thanks to Gayle Walters Rose (Bodhirose) for sharing this with us for Wilderness Week.

“Wolves will travel to drink from a river. But could the presence of wolves lead a river to change its behavior?

George Monbiot: For more wonder, rewild the world In his TED Talk, George Monbiot poetically explains how reintroducing wolves to Yellowstone National Park after a 70-year absence set off a “trophic cascade” that altered the movement of deer, sent trees soaring to new heights, attracted scores of new animals to the area (think: beavers, rabbits, bears, bald eagles and more), and stabilized the banks of rivers making them less susceptible to erosion. Above, see that story set to music — and howls — by SustainableMan.org, who took the audio track from the talk and laid it over beautiful nature footage. It’s a glorious glimpse of how deeply the natural world is interconnected.

View original post 52 more words

7 thoughts on “How Wolves Change Rivers

1. Sue Vincent says:

I saw this video a while back… well worth watching!

Hi Sue,
      I had just seen it today and found it fascinating. Seems we are always messing around with what we should leave alone… a lesson there somewhere. It’s a beautiful video.

Thanks for commenting!

1. Sue Vincent says:

It is indeed beautiful, and so is the balance of life it shows, when we allow it to happen!

I admit, the title confused me…..until I read, and then listened. What an amazing world we live in that everything is interconnected.
    I’m humbled.
    Hey, maybe wolves can change fault lines!
    Hahaha…it was worth a shot!!

hi mel, sorry i’m late getting back here. i’m having to stay offline more because of my health. i’m glad you enjoyed this offering i reblogged. i think that might have been what was confusing? haha, maybe so but we don’t have any wolves here so i’m out of luck. 😉

3. With every year I’m granted, my awe and appreciation of nature is doubled. Thank you Linda, an inspired video.

elena, i’m happy you enjoyed this as i did. nature is an amazing thing. as i grow older, my appreciation also grows. xx