Screech Owl

falling down
While I doubt many are paying attention to my comings and goings here, I’m compelled to explain my truancy from the blogoverse. It’s rather obvious given this lovely photo, don’t you think?

In the middle of the night, I was off to the kitchen for a SMALL cup of pudding with Nutella [it doesn’t help me sleep but tastes oh-so-good!} To keep stinky, big Bella from visiting me at night ~ her new trick ~ I had gotten the idea to put the doggie gate up so she’d not wake me if I did happen to evade my insomnia.

Mind you, it’s the middle of the night so my Nutella-pudding is a walk down the dark hall to the kitchen. I am not in the habit of gating myself into the bedroom, so forgot and fell over the damned gate. Given the floor is tiled, that I have since cursed religiously, I landed hard on my right elbow, arm, hip, ribcage, wrist, head, hand… you get the idea.

Bella

Bella

I laid there in tears, cursing in the dark. Bella came to stand over me, tickled to say hello. The rest of the family thought we had a house filled with bandits! It was just me, laying on the floor with Bella AND now, Sophie, licking me back {out of sheer necessity} to an upright position. My head was spinning and I wondered what I had done to myself.

Sophie the Beagle

Sophie

Long-suffering story short, I spent the next 10 days or so hardly moving, unable to use anything on the right side of my body. I became a prune from soaking in hot water so often, flared up my ulcer due to advil ingestion and developed a very bad mood. And I didn’t get better as far as my right arm went. Finally I went to the doctor, knowing it would be a complete waste of time AND MONEY! (Nope, not covered…)

More long-suffering story short, I was pronounced fine and had “referred pain” from banging my elbow. Nothing was broken or cracked. Amazing given I thought I’d broken a hip.

No excuses. I didn’t need that Nutella pudding….

image

And for more Nutella recipes than you could(or should) ever need, go here!

Nutella jars

8 thoughts on “I Have an Excuse. And Nutella.

1. Did you ever get the pudding? Speedy recovery please my dear.

1. L'Adelaide says:

hahahah, of course i did… a double dose after that little tumble. my dear husband got it for me tho. and thank you, i am feeling much better, just still tired with an ache in my shoulder, etc. well, i ache all over but what to say…. no? such is old age, i’ve decided!

I 💛 Nutella. Take good care of yourself!

1. L'Adelaide says:

thanks so much, dear one!

3. Oh no! That is a horrible amount of pain for a midnight snack. And, it sounds like something I would do. Hope you are feeling better?

1. L'Adelaide says:

well, it was a pain… a pain in the butt! haha, you’d do it too… well be CAREFUL! Yes, my dear, i am feeling better. xx

1. cathy smith says:

How awful!! Please take good care of yourself!!! aka Lucywolf

dear lucy,
          it’s lovely to see you here, my dear. how have you been? i always take good care of myself, i just fall over a lot!! 🙄 are you keeping a blog i don’t know about. i don’t do much on FB so don’t keep up very well anymore. let me know! much love xoxox