Japanese Maple & barn

Japanese Maple + Tin Barn

Since taking these garden photos ~ that actually happened over a couple of seasons ~ we’ve had some blustery days and one night of drizzling rain. For November 10, that means we’re still in drought conditions but we are all hoping that the storm door is, at least, opening a bit.
So nothing is as bright and cheerful as they look here, especially the grapes and the purple grasses.

Ah well, another growing season comes to an end.
I wanted to share my garden with you before it got so far into winter, the images made no sense at all!

So take a deep breath and wander around for awhile.

I wish I could join you!

pergola grapevines

Pergola Grapevines

garden flowers-sages

Salvias

sages & yarrow

fountains of purple grass

Pennisetum

garden grasses

Garden Grasses

The most noteworthy thing about gardeners is that they are always optimistic, always enterprising, and never satisfied.  The more one gardens, the more one learns; And the more one learns, the more one realizes how little one knows.
~Vita Sackville-West

garden geraniums

Geraniums

16 thoughts on “Fall Color in the Garden

It gets no better than this – lush gardens and warm, golden sunlight. A beautiful balance of life’s energy. Would love to see your gardens in person, these photographs are priceless. Hope you are well, it’s been a while.

Hi Mary! Lovely to see you. 😉 Thanks for your kind comment. I am doing fine, just busy. Always lots to do around this place about now. And painting is a real chore. Hoping you are well–I’m not online as much as i’d like and miss my favorites. I need to move my reader to my email but guess it’s one blog at a time. Be well, Mary. xx

2. smilecalm says:

fantastic fall foliage 🙂

Thanks for the lovely comment. I’m happy you liked!

Your pictures are the most delicious things I’ve seen all day. Of course it is raining here and all the leaves have been stripped from their branches so that might be part of the reason..

So happy to hear that, my sweet friend. I’d sure feel better to see a little rain here. Ah well… maybe next week. xoxo

4. I love your garden. Such lovely photography there, too; you really make the bright colours pop! A feast for the eyes. I do hope you’re feeling better? I had the mast cell test and all is okay 😄 Thank you for suggesting it though. My bella and I have had a little success (dry weather is here) and have been able to go for walks. I’m excited to share that I’ve had a little taste of recovery. I hope your bella us boing okay? Do take care, sweet Adelaide💗🦄

Thanks for commenting. It was particularly colorful when these were taken. 😀 My health is so up and down, i cannot ever count on it. today was a rare clear day but i was painting rather than walking. ah well, joy is important is my thought. i’m glad you’ve had a reprieve. this is such a trying illness, i hope the reprieve just keeps on going. Be well, stay well and take care too. 🤗❤️

1. Yes, you are so right. Follow your joy! I absolutely adore your paintings 🙂

2. Yes, you are right. Follow your joy. I absolutely adore your paintings 🙂

5. I don’t believe it! They’d unfollowed me again. You must have thought I’d abandoned you.

No worries. WP is always throwing surprises our ways. I never know anymore and wish there was another way to follow my fave blogs on my own blog rather than the foolish reader. Ah well, for now it is what it is. I’m glad to see you again!!❤️

6. debiriley says:

love the post and the quote! the Garden Grasses photograph is just Stunning!! cheers, Debi

Thanks so much for your kind words. These are my fave grasses! And quite photographic too! 😉

1. debiriley says:

they are indeed, but they also had a wonderful photographer do their ‘portrait’ !

Thank you and blessings for a wonderful 2016!