Through the Barn Window into Sunset

I looked toward the hole cut in the wall, a typical barn “window”.

A stunning vista of light and shadow ~
In seconds it was but a memory…

When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
~ralph waldo emerson

©2008-2016 by L’Adelaide. All rights reserved.

14 thoughts on “Impermanent Nature

“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats”
    – Voltaire

What a wonderful motto to live my life by…. Certainly it is true tho life is settling down and we are staying home. 😉
      xoxox

2. the light shines, we blink, or turn away, and shadows have fallen. Life requires us to notice so much. Thinking of you .

I apologize to be so tardy in replying to your kind note to me. It’s been rather crazy tho with spring stirring, i hardly notice. Much love to you xx

1. Not to worry about replying.

3. Linda, when big changes happen in my life, I crave to see the stars, Their permanence comforts me. Thank you for helping me realize this as I enjoyed your post and lovely vista.
    Blessings ~ Wendy

Thank you, Wendy, for such a lovely note. Apologies I have not been back to answer here. My body and /or life rarely cooperates with my plans. Blessings to you, my dear.

4. gfid says:

Our whole lives are impermanent, in the largeness of everything, but that doesn’t make them insignificant. As you said earlier, “it’s all bullshit”. Yes indeed, but it’s OUR bullshit. And bullshit is terrific fertilizer for what’s to come. Believing in future joys and wonders for you.

Good Morning/Evening, my dear Ms. G. It’s so nice to see you whenever you stop in. I miss you in our blogosphere but you’ve always been a busy bee. Things in my world have calmed themselves, given liberal amounts of bullshite being scattered all about the place. Now I have brightly painted red shutters and all’s well in the world. Yes, it doesn’t take much. It’s the little things that matter I have noticed. I am hoping this finds you well and warm. Much love to you, dear heart.

Sorry my dears for not having been back here. My time online is spent elsewhere as I spend most of my time recollecting pieces of myself that are still scattered all over the floor. I do so appreciate your stopping in to say hello. I promise I am hoping to be back here soon but refuse to push myself into some box I can perhaps no longer fit into. And spring is springing here and always, this is my favorite of seasons, if you can call it one here. We really don’t have seasons in my neck of the world. I have decided that is fine with me! I have removed snow globe territories as off limits for this sun lover. Xox

6. nature’s constant change has stunning effects
    great photo and verse

Thank you for your lovely comment. I’m glad you liked!

Thank you and welcome!