Rainbow Bones watercolor
desert-woman watercolor

“Desert Women” ~ watercolor 20x30in. ©2010 LAS

Ok, I goofed on publishing this. Blame it on brain fog. I’m trying to do it again and get it right this time!

~~~

She was painted a few years ago.
There are many female figures in the final painting; small children, those who sleep, dancing sirens, shredded flesh, living waters. And vivid color.

This painting began with a breast I decided to conceal. Watercolor, by it’s very nature, is unpredictable. One of the many reasons why I love it!

For Sale!

I am thinking perhaps to sell this painting.
It is 22X30, on cold-pressed Arches 140£ watercolor paper.
If you are interested, please leave me a comment or email me by clicking the link. Thank you.

Brave Enough to Be Unsure

Becoming intimate with the queasy feeling of being in the middle of nowhere only makes our hearts more tender. . . .
By not knowing, not hoping to know, and not acting like we know what’s happening, we begin to access our inner strength.

Pema Chodron,
“The In-between State”

I’ve been feeling dreadful, plagued with asthma, duodenal ulcers, CFS/ME and MCS. It is hard to keep up my front and I often stumble.
Eventually I come to a place of acceptance and allow myself to rest, eat decently and try to get all these pills down.

Hoping for better health with the warmth of my morning sun bath!

And I met the nicest doctor today given my doctor of decades sailed quite literally, into the sunset. Bless him, I wish him well and shall miss him. Life is full of change… I have learned, quite slowly, to embrace it.

©2007-2016 All rights reserved.

15 thoughts on “Being Unsure… Oops!

It’s about 12:30, long past my bedtime. But I am so glad that I checked out your blog just before it was time to sleep. A wonderful vision that closes the day with a soft benediction!!

I adore the way you string beautiful words together. Sleep tight with love.

A wonderful work of art Linda – with so many special meanings weaved into the piece. Happy to see you again. Hope you are feeling better, change isn’t always easy with a new doctor hopefully your adjustment won’t take too long. Happy Spring and warm sunshine to fill your days my friend.

Thank you, Mary, for your kindness. I apologize I haven’t been back to reply to comments here. I hope to return someday soon after I recover from a few new health blips. Life being what it is… Hoping for you a lovely holiday and season to come.

No need to apologize my friend – take care of yourself and come back when you feel up to it. Hope you have a lovely May as we head into the warm summer months.

3. Hi Adelaide, our house has stalled and we’re waiting on a bricky. My doctor (another one) thinks I’ve got CIRS from mould. I just wish our house could be finished so I could feel better, and maybe buy some of your artwork for a wall or two. xxoo Hope you’re doing better. I have new doctors too–I sacked the others 😀

Always good to know when to say when about these docs. I am always around if and when you are ready to throw so me paint on your new walls. Sounds like you are quite busy. Take good care of you.

4. I’m wishing you better health, Adelaide.

Thank you so much. You are very kind. And I am very late…

I’ve always liked this painting, my friend, so tender and lovely just like your dear heart. I hope someone will offer it a good home.

Meanwhile, I hope you’re well. A problem with blogging is that so often if we don’t post then nobody knocks on the door to ask if we need anything.

Much love and good thoughts your way.

How wise you are, dear friend. I shall write you and catch up … I am not online much as might be obvious. It causes too much pain for these old bones and is simply not worth it. I’ve had some additional health challenges this past few months that have consumed most of my limited energies. I am hoping for a lighter summer but, it is always so stressful and busy, I am not looking forward to it all this year.

I suppose these things do drive my limited creative energies in ANY direction.

Much love, dear heart.

6. Marcie says:

I found you! I was without internet for a couple of years on our “off the grid” farm. Well, I have been back on a blogging for a while, but I couldn’t track you down. Somehow, I found you and am so glad I did! Love your beautiful paintings and the thoughts and ideas you share.

Hi Marcie… I left blogger several years back but thought there was a link over there… Frankly I haven’t been back to see recently. It’s good to reconnect and your blog is, as always, thoughtful and beautiful. I’m happy to see you again. I might also add, as you might have noticed, I am not currently blogging much. As the Spirit moves… 😉

1. Marcie says:

I have you on my blog reader now, so when the spirit does move you, I will pop right over and read what you have to say. And, of course, to see what beauty – in photos and art – that you have to share. I hope you are enjoying a beautiful spring out there! A cool dry one here!

7. Leya says:

Go slow and come back only when you feel better…know that we are here, waiting ♥