fawn at my back door- countrywomanpaints©

mountain lion2

Wow..

Wow..

mountain lion
A reminder to stay awake, keep my eyes open. One never knows when Mother Nature will give you a large nudge.

I was sitting in my chair, looking out the window, daydreaming and watching the clouds of dust.

The lion was so fast, if I had blinked, I would have missed her. She leapt beyond the width of two posts,  8 feet apart! We have had a mama deer nearby and I’m afraid her babes may have been her appetizer!

By the time I was at the window, she had disappeared.
As had mama and babes.

Not a sound…

Neighbor Deer

“Becoming awake involves seeing our confusion more clearly.” Chogyam Trungpa

12 thoughts on “Mountain Lion Drops By

1. selah says:

I hope that the doe and her fawns got away..

Yes, I think she did! And she’s not been back , probably a good idea!! It’s deer season here and there’s lots of them this year. Mountain lions prey on them but deer are quite wily too. 🙂

2. Leya says:

Oh – I hope they got away…Mountain lions are eautiful as well, though…

Yes, she was stunning as long as she’s not stalking me on my walks with Bella, tho she’d take a lion on! I think she’d lose too….

1. Leya says:

Oh, no stalkers wanted..

I had the hardest time getting from the reader to my blog! Geez, stupid WP! Anyway you can see the above reply to your kind comment. I think I’ll just leave it there for right now… Watching hurricane news. My son lives in its path in Florida . 😳

4. Well, I hope those babies got away safely. Lovely pictures, L’Adelaide. And I might be checking over my shoulder on those walks! 🙂

Definitely! I think she’s long on her way down the trail. Beautiful magic that day! xx

5. What a sight to see, unforgettable for sure!
    Does the heart good to witness nature alive and well.

Yes it does. Thank you for stopping in. To see nature is indeed, very much alive and well, is deeply reassuring.

6. beautiful captures…I also had a dog named Bella ☺️ I only see coyotes here…what a gift to see…I like to think of the the animal totems when they do cross my path…lovely post ~ smiles Hedy

Good evening… Ah, a dog named Bella. Mi Bella is 120lbs of stinky, furry love. Her heart is twice as big!

I see coyotes, fox, bobcats, but never have I seen a lion, only heard them a few times in 40 years of country living. It was shocking and surely a totem of much meaning. Thank you for your kind words. 🙂